Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beginnings

Well, once more into the unknown.

I plan to use this blog for a few reasons, so let's call this my mission statement.
First, I plan to use this as a notebook, a place to store the notes I make for the worldbuilding and for my stories. I've got quite a bit of information on the world, which I call Vindae, and I have a habit of scattering it about multiple notebooks. And then losing them. There's also Ashcroft, the modern horror setting (which has it's own barely updated wiki at
http://www.wikidot.ashcroft.com).

Second, I plan to use it for planning and indulging my relatively new hobby of roleplaying games. In fact, one of the first things I plan to do is make notes for a game involving spirits and magic users fighting together. Beyond that, I could always do other game related things, such as making characters. Which brings me to the last thing I have planned for the near future.

A character blog. After every session that I play in, I'll make a blog entry from that character's perspective (even if the character wouldn't be able to use a computer). An interesting idea, if I do say so myself. Might be a good means of writing practice.

And of course there's other things, such as working in 3ds Max and all the other things I do for classes.

Well, to anyone who cares to read, hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment